Feb 23, 2012

Honey Lemon Chicken Breasts (Frozen)

I dont often cook stuff like this because I always end up disappointed. But I will occasionally buy a box because lets face it, we're not always in the mood to cook up a fancy meal from scratch.


This was my first time trying this product and I fell in love at first bite. Tastes nothing like I expected. I was expecting overly sweet with a strangely non honey lingering after taste. But this wasn't the case. These exploded with deeply marinaded honey lemon flavoring that wasn't over powering at all!

President's Choice Blue Menu Honey Lemon Chicken Breasts - Skinless, Boneless, fillets removed, and delicious!! (ok I added the last part...but they should include it on the box) ($9.99 for 5 Breasts)


This product is only available in Canada at Loblaw's and Super Stores...if one of these isn't already your main super market, I highly recommend that you stop at one for your next shopping trip and pick up a box. If I remember correctly, I paid $9.99 and it comes with 5 chicken breasts that are all pretty consistent in size.

(Sorry this is side ways, i wish I knew how to rotate the image) 

LOVE these and I'll definitely be purchasing them again!

*Mina's Suggestions/Notes*

- The cooking directions don't include an oven method but I cooked them from frozen on a baking sheet (lined with aluminum foil - trust me, you're gonna need it) :

Oven set to 375F (190C). Cook for 45 minutes turning once at 30 minutes. At the 30 minute mark I turned up the heat to 400F and continued cooking to get them caramelized. You'll already notice some liquid around the chicken breasts which will start to burn when cooked at 400F. Don't Worry! You're not burning the chicken, nor should it stick to the foil. At about 45 minutes they should look like mine in the first image :) 

Enjoy with some sort of side dish of your choice. Rice, scalloped potatoes, vegetable (I chose fresh asparagus boiled for 5 minutes), salad, anything really...i don't need to tell you this ;) 


Happy Eating! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment